Here are a few steps to get your domain name pointed to your new Homes.com Connect Website!
Part One: Update your DNS Records with your Registrar (you can call your registrar with these instructions for more in-depth assistance) with these records:
|@||A Record||184.108.40.206 (Mandatory)|
NOTE: Please make sure there are no conflicting records. Please do not change any MX records, as this will cause your email to stop functioning!
Part Two: Update your Homes.com Connect Dashboard:
- When this process is complete, you will need to update your dashboard.
- Log into your dashboard and then
- Click on the HomesConnect (applications) drop down list
- Click on the Website Icon
- Select Domain Management on the right (under Quick Actions and Advanced Settings).
- Scroll down to the bottom of the following page. Enter the domain name here and select Homes.com Connect Website:
- Hit "Submit", then "I agree."
That will automatically add the domain name to our database and link it to your site. Once all that is done, the changes should take effect within the next 24-48 hours depending on the Registrar.
If you have multiple Domain Names that you want pointed to your Homes.com Connect Site: follow these instructions for the Primary Domain name, and then talk to your Registrar about Domain Forwarding options. We recommend that you forward any additional domain names to the Primary Domain to help assist in building your site's SEO.
Have Questions? Just Ask! Our Support Team can be reached at 866-774-2947 or by email at Support@homes.com!